Together we can change the course of history for the next generation of women and girls, in Africa and beyond.
The end FGM movement is at different stages across Africa. In some countries, there is enthusiastic civil society leadership, effective policies and committed political will. In other countries, the movement faces a lack of political leadership, high levels of public support for FGM or a civil society only in the early stages of campaigning.
Benefits of joining
Join The Girl Generation and be part of a critical mass working for a united cause. By working together, we will collectively increase the visibility and effectiveness of the global movement to end FGM. By joining The Girl Generation you receive tangible and intangible benefits, including:
- Tools and resources to develop social change communications
- Access to capacity-building opportunities
- Profile for your work on a global platform
- Build media connections to increase your reach
- Affiliation with The Girl Generation brand
- Communication resource pack for you to use in your own writing
- Enhanced access to networks and other organisations
- Be part of a global community with one clear voice and message
- Increased credibility and courage
- Peer-to-peer support and learning with others in the movement
Be part of the generation that ends FGM
Our members are an inspiring collective of organisations, networks and institutions. Together we are working on issues such as violence against women and girls, gender equality, harmful traditional practices, health and education. Our members share our vision, endorse our guiding Do No Harm Principles and agree to be part of the generation that ends FGM.
Sign up to the Girl Generation
If you also share these principles, we welcome you to sign up today: